Tuesday, November 23, 2010

bison model

I made this about a month or three weeks ago and couldn't find it for forever.  That's because I'm an idiot and didn't know where things ended up after they were bisqued AND it was on the wayy top shelf so there's no way I could've seen it anyways.

This is a model for a really large piece that I'm going to make next semester; I'd go on about it but it'd take forever and I'd get real amped and not want to work on what I have to work on this semester. Anyways, you have to make biggish clay things hollow, so I sliced this one into about eight sections and traced each section before putting them back together so I could know what a bison looks like at various cross sections.  This guy is probably ten to twelve inches tall and pretty heavy.



I'm going to glaze it and I'm still deciding if I want it to be blue or black.


No comments:

Post a Comment