Sunday, April 14, 2013

Oregon Trail Sourdough Bread

I've been baking some bread lately!  It's not art but it still is making.  At first I only ever made no-knead bread because it was so easy and tasted great, but now I almost exclusively make sourdough bread with this recipe.  I tried making my own sourdough starter with no sour success.  I searched the internet for a sourdough starter and found this gem (and for free!) - Carl Griffith's 1847 Oregon Trail Sourdough Starter.  It is REAL SOUR.  And you can see Carl's original brochure here.  I made three loaves to give as gifts over Easter, and it's the first time I even ever thought to take pictures of them.  I guess if I had Instagram this would've happened quite a while ago...

Rising.

Double dutch oven.


Crusty close-up.



No comments:

Post a Comment