Thursday, January 31, 2013

Positive/Negative Paper Cuts

I had an idea for these for a while and I could picture like this in my head before I even started.  I was hesitant to make them because I haven't done any serious xacto knife cutting in a while.  I also was unsure of how difficult it would be to cut thick watercolor paper.  I did a couple practices, and once I was sure they would turn out fine I jumped in and got 'er done. 








Positive/Negative, 26" x 40" (each), Arches watercolor paper, 2012.


During this process, I discovered Glue Dots, one of the best adhesive inventions on this planet.  They are achival quality double sided sticky dots that come on a roll.  They come in Regular, Mini, and Micro sizes, and I ended up using Regular and Mini in all my recent paper cuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment