Sunday, January 8, 2012

Philadelphia Mural Arts Program /// Kenya Murals

These are getting pretty old, but have never been posted so I though I'd slap 'em up since I recently applied for a job with the Philadelphia Mural Arts Program and because I think they're the best 2D stuff I've done.  They were painted in Madison House Orphanage in Limuru, Kenya.  I volunteered there for 2 1/2 months in the summer of 2009 but didn't decide to start painting until a month before I left.  I painted each mural in four days, and since there was no electricity I had to stop at sunset.

 Giraffe Mural (Wall 1) with bunk beds, 13' x 8', house paint, 2009.

 Giraffe Mural (Wall 2) with bunk beds, 5' x 8', house paint, 2009.

 Lion on Matatu Mural, 8' x 8', house paint, 2009.

 Ostrich Mural, 5' x 8', house paint, 2009.

DJ Mural, 12' x 8', house paint on canvas, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment